Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Mind Mapping While On The Road

Mind mapping wherever, whenever. That sounds really interesting. I wish to discuss three ways with you to generate mind maps wherever you are.

Listed here are first four basic guidelines something has to offer me to generate mind maps:

1. Create any type of mind map.

2. Very portable around and 247 at my disposal

3. Allows easy mind mapping.

4. Require almost no training to make use of (when you understand about mind mapping)

For me personally, mobile visual mapping is a thing that helps me to fully capture my thoughts and ideas. I'm not really buying tool that lets me map together with others. When I do this, I wish to have a good big computer screen or white board to use.

Listed here are three forms of mapping solutions that can help you and me in this.

1. Mind Mapping On Your Laptop/Net book

Needless to say you can create mind maps on a laptop. You've a big screen and you are able to probably use your preferred mind map tool. Add to the the main advantage of probably using the same license as you have for your desktop and you have a wonderful combination: low priced and your own personal tool!

However... when I've to transport my laptop around to fully capture my thoughts... most of my immediate and strongest thoughts are lone gone the moment I've my tool ready to fully capture them.

Using a net book is a much better solution. These computers are build to offer faster results and need less time and energy to boot. Another advantage is these computers are smaller and easier to transport around. The screen size may not be that impressive (10 inch), but nevertheless, it gets the job done!

Create any type of mind map - 8

Very portable around and 247 at my disposal -4

Allows easy mind mapping - 8

Requires almost no training to make use of - 8

End score: 7

2. Mind Mapping On Your Mobile Phone

Most of us have a mobile phone. The most recent models offer lots of features which make visual mapping much easier.

You might have used tools in your older cellular phone before. I even used to generate mind maps on my Palm PDA (back in the days).

The biggest advantage was you could'instantly'focus on my maps. The unit was small and I think it even used a color display mind mapping software. Still, there were some drawbacks back then. The maps created weren't really probably the most powerful looking mind maps.

And please, don't discuss zooming in and out. The screen resolution wasn't that impressive in comparison to mobile phones nowadays. Yes, if you were a true software mind mapper then, you had to endure some difficulties.

Looking at the mobile phones now, we've an infinitely more powerful'computer'with a much better display. The resolution is higher and how big is the screen is nearly the same.

You can also get touchscreen display solutions! Look at the iPhone for instance. There are more and more tools available that allow visualizing your information in your iPhone. Since I don't have an iPhone I can only let you know what I heard from others.

The tools created are nice. Though much less powerful because the'real thing'your desktop. Still, they enable you to create overviews that can even be exported to tools like for example Mind Manager.

Don't expect to create too fancy overviews. Most of the tools only give you a rudimentary mapping solution.

The boot time of a mobile tool is usually only the time it requires for you yourself to press an option (within a couple of seconds). You then simply create your map. The mobile phones offer several hours of mapping time (if needed).

You most likely won't need a lot of time. After all, a head map created traveling is limited to capturing your thoughts.

Listed here are the outcomes of this type of mind mapping:

Create any type of mind map - 5

Very portable around and 247 at my disposal - 10

Allows easy mind mapping - 8

Requires almost no training to make use of - 7

End score: 7.5

3. The Good Old Pen And Paper

You didn't think I'd forget this one, right? This solution for mapping traveling is available, oh..., I don't know... several thousand years??? In fact... before there is paper people even used walls to visualize their ideas to others and themselves!

For most of my traveling visualizing I count on my classic notebook. I bought a couple of empty hardcover books (here in The Netherlands we call them dummies). Basically, they're misprints. Before they certainly were really misprints (books without content). Now they make sure they are purposely to offer them.

I must say i love these. My notebooks are small (about 1/4 of an A4 sheet). This means they're very portable along. I clip a pencil to it and no one can stop me from capturing my thoughts and ideas!

A lot of people know all they need to find out about visualizing their information and have no issue employing a notebook. That is why I won't enter this any deeper.

Listed here are the outcomes for this process of mobile mind mapping:

Create any type of mind map - 10

Very portable around and 247 at my disposal - 9

Allows easy mind mapping - 10

Requires almost no training to make use of - 10

End score: 9.75

Conclusion

Of the three solutions, there is in the beginning not very much difference between the notebook and the mobile phone. Where the phone is definitely around, the notebook offers better mapping features.

It is probably no big surprise that mapping in some recoverable format is the simplest method for capturing your thoughts when on the road.

Yes, I understand that individuals who would like to review their information, or who like to generate (huge) mind maps that have to be shared probably like to utilize a software solution.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment